OK so it's time to blog again!! No better time than the present. Thank you to all of those who haven't hounded me for not blogging!
Today marks one year of Momma Jones passing. Still seems like she was just with us yesterday. It has been a good year. I definitely went through the roller coaster of emotions when it comes to dealing with death and it has changed me.
I sought God out because I was angry with him. I didn't understand all the "why" questions I was having and I felt empty inside. The "God" I had known seemed to always show me that things do happen for a reason. This time I didn't like what God was showing me and I didn't want to accept any reasons for my mother in law's death.
Through prayer, conversations with Chad, family and friends I came to realize that celebrating her life and remembering all the ways she made us laugh and feel about ourselves was how my healing began. Momma Jones always saw the good in people. Her hugs and cares were always genuine. A great listener. I will carry those traits with me and share them with my children.
I believe God was preparing my heart and spirit all along my journey. I may not know the answers to my "whys" but I don't have to. I have grown closer to God because of this experience and I know that it is all answer I needed.
This year I renewed my spirit. I became baptized in our church. I finally understand what it means to surrender to God. I feel so much at peace.
Today, I will play with my children and take every second in just how I know their Buby would! With every kiss I give them I know she is sharing the moment with me..I love you Momma J!
No comments:
Post a Comment